Saturday, December 25, 2010

Lenny

On September 20, 2010, I posted a blog entitled, Eugene, Oregon, The U of O new student week, The Court Yard, Lenny's Nosh Bar, and the Peter P Piffle's Prattle! In that blog I spoke of my earliest days writing short stores which were published on the reverse side of a shop flier which I and two other merchants distributed around the University of Oregon campus during new student week.

One of those merchants has been my dear friend ever since those days so many years ago in Eugene, Oregon. His name is Lenny Nathan. I say, “is,” not by mistake, nor as a typo but because he will always be my dear friend.

Earlier this week I learned that Lenny passed away on December 20, 2010 in Phoenix, Arizona. I had the opportunity to talk to him a few days before that and he was in great spirits, happily looking forward to his 90th birthday which would have been on April 25, 2011. His death was sudden and unanticipated, and his absence in my life will be difficult.

Lenny will remain my friend, my confidant and my companion, in spirit as he was in life. Go peacefully my friend. Sorry I wasn't able to share my latest book with you. I fully intended to get you a copy soon.

Bye, bye for now...until we meet again.

Click here to read Lenny's obituary
.